Activities on site or nearby the Domain
On site or nearby
- The relaxation and wellness area inside the 19th century landlord’s house.
- Numerous rambles (maps at your disposal).
- Bird watching : a lookout set up by the league for bird protection is only 100 m away from the domain.
- Off road Personal transporter rides (segways rides) from the Domain to discover Loire banks : upon request, we can organize special rides for you with departure from the Domain ! Let's discover the Loire valley in a funny way !
- Loire boat trips or fishing : upon request, we can inform you about exploration outings by canoe or by old Loire boats , and fishing (fishing rods are available for loan with refundable security deposit).
- Bike rides on a unique cycling trail along the Loire (bikes are available for loan during max half a day ; or for rent for longer time – 10 € / day) or horse rides (www.tourainecheval.com).
- Games and reading : board games, books and tourist information booklets are at your disposal in the holiday cottage and huts.
- For huts only : pétanque, games, hammock, swings, long chairs.
Touraine, an attractive land to discover
- Loire wines : around the domain, 3 wine Routes and numerous cellars with renowned wines such as Chinon, Bourgueil, St Nicolas de Bourgueil, Vouvray etc.
- Architectural heritage of the Loire Valley and Touraine : Many châteaux of the Loire : Château of Langeais (2km), d’Azay le Rideau (10km), de Villandry (6km), de Rigny Ussé (10 km), Amboise, Chenonceau, Loches, Blois, Chambord etc...
The city of Tours (25 km), the royal Abbey of Fontevraud (30 km), the city of Saumur (45 km).
- A rich natural environment : located on "La Loire à vélo", a unique cycling trail, in the heart of the nature park of Loire-Anjou-Touraine and the Loire Valley, which is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, La Bâtelière sur Loire is the ideal starting point for discovering, on foot or by bike, wild and unspoiled landscapes !
- Family holidays : Children are not forgotten in Touraine! With tours specifically adapted for kids, a castle network helps foster dialogue between parents and their children for an educational experience that is also fun (more information on http://www.touraineloirevalley.com/je-decouvre/vacances-en-famille/visites-avec-les-enfants). These tours are available in numerous partner sites.
Other possible sites adapted for children : the Touraine aquarium, the Grottes pétrifiantes caves of Savonnières, les the miniature castles at the park "Mini-Châteaux Val de Loire", the Vallée Troglodytique des Goupillères, etc...And not so far, the Beauval Zoo (45 min by car from the domain) and the Futuroscope of Poitiers (1H by car) !